Water pump

jocko

Just bought a 83 Dolphin and am working on it. the water pumps comes on but never stops running. I have no leaks in my lines such that water comes out. Faucets work all ok. Pump just never stops.

Jocko,

Sadie's pump takes awhile to fill the hotwater heater and the pressure to build up. Do you have an evaporative cooler or a/c? I had an issue with the water pump running continually while filling up the reservior in her cooler.

Once pressurized it should shut off the pump. Of course, everytime you turn on the water, it'll kick back on, but that's normal. I've heard of some owners installing special pre-holding tanks (not sure exactly what they're called ) to hold pressure so that the pump doesn't run as often.

Best of luck.

shanda

remove the water out line and replace it with a 30PSI gauge.

See if it is reaching 12 PSI or so. If the pump is very worn (as in one too many freeze/thaw cycles without having antifreeze) and it does not reach the shutoff pressure, it will continue running even though it is not moving any more water.

Jocko,

Sadie's pump takes awhile to fill the hotwater heater and the pressure to build up. Do you have an evaporative cooler or a/c? I had an issue with the water pump running continually while filling up the reservior in her cooler.

Once pressurized it should shut off the pump. Of course, everytime you turn on the water, it'll kick back on, but that's normal. I've heard of some owners installing special pre-holding tanks (not sure exactly what they're called ) to hold pressure so that the pump doesn't run as often.

Best of luck.

shanda

Thanks for the info but I don't have a cooler. It just runs and runs and runs.

Jocko

remove the water out line and replace it with a 30PSI gauge.

See if it is reaching 12 PSI or so. If the pump is very worn (as in one too many freeze/thaw cycles without having antifreeze) and it does not reach the shutoff pressure, it will continue running even though it is not moving any more water.

Thanks I'll try replacing the line.

Jocko

Hello Jocko: Please refer to my July 25, 2009 positing in the General Discussion Forum area entitled "Terrific Owners Manual for Motorhome, by Airstream" After you open the link go to pages 26 & 27 Troubleshooting Water Pump Section which covers this water pump topic nicely. I hope that you find this information useful in helping you diagnose and eventually resolve this water pump question. Michael

For your convenience I attached you a link to this Topic below:

http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=2256" target="_blank">http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=2256</a>

Hello Jocko: Please refer to my July 26, 2009 positing in the General Discussion Forum area entitled "Terrific Owners Manual for Motorhome, by Airstream" After you open the link go to pages 26 & 27 Troubleshooting Water Pump Section which covers this water pump topic nicely. I hope that you find this information useful in helping you diagnose and eventually resolve this water pump question. Michael

For your convenience I attached you a link to this Topic below:

http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=2256

Thanks that was very helpful.

jocko