Insurance for older Toyota Motorhomes?

Siamslim

I'm curious since there were serious danger issues with the axles of the older Toyota's how does that effect the insurance. I assumed they would be uninsurable without the axle upgrades....

Anyone...???

Slim

Slim,

Re: Insurance

Rules differ from State to State and Company to Company.

After many years in the business, no where have I seen guidelines exclude makes and models of motorhomes.

(Only high performance bikes and autos.)

Your best bet would be to call your agent and ask if they have any restrictions on types of MH they will insure.

More than anything, I think "stated value" under the rare and restored classification is the trickiest part of insuring our little toys, (for those of us that want to protect our little motorhomes for what $ we put into them.)

shanda

• 8 months later...

I'm curious since there were serious danger issues with the axles of the older Toyota's how does that effect the insurance. I assumed they would be uninsurable without the axle upgrades....

Anyone...???

Slim

who would want to operate one without the upgrades?? That recall seems quite important to me, given the difference in the axles and the weight involved.

who would want to operate one without the upgrades?? That recall seems quite important to me, given the difference in the axles and the weight involved.

My 18' 1983 Sunrader is insured with full coverage in Texas (not in a large metro area) with a stated value coverage of $5500. Cost is $260/year with a $1000 deductible. They asked nothing about the axle. I didn't make a claim when my left duals passed me by during my 65mph-0mph slide to the shoulder of the highway. I highly recommend an axle upgrade for any Toyota motor home no matter what length or weight.