RV appraisals

helloo

Hello everyone I just bought my first RV. I bought it from nice couple from Redding Ca. its a 1984 sunrader 21' with a 22r 4 speed with the recall on the axel already done. they kept all the directions on their appliances as well. I bought it at a great price ,2grand, but I know its worth a lot more probaly closer to 5-6. The issue is that my insurance company ,GOd forbid something happens to it, will only pay out nada price which is only 1500 bucks. They do allow an exception which is appraised value given by an independent appraisal. Does any one know an appraisal of RV's in the bay area. This rv will have a engine conversion to a 2rz engine and a 5 speed transmission probably equalling the horsepower output of a 3vz engine with a 5speed. this will be greatly appreciated. tx in advance

Unfortunately nada is somewhat of a joke. But that's what they use cause there is nothing else. We recently purchased a Conquest for way below the nada guide price and I think we are in the same boat. Some of the 90'2 rigs are selling for 13k and up, way more than what Nada lists them at. One thing you could do is document every ad you see for comparable sunraders if anything did happen. I will be calling our insurance company (GMAC) and nail down what they are covering in $$ because we would never be able to replace ours for the price we bought it at.