a) front seats, b) exhaust manifold

RoadRunner

Hi all,

I own a 1990 Winnebago Micro Warrior, V6, 5spd manual tranny and am wanting info on two issues:

a) best options for finding and replacing driver and passenger seats with ones that are more comfortable. Need seats with runners that will fit the current mounting bolt holes in the floor.

B) where do I find current info on the reported recall for exhaust manifold problems on the V6? I'm hearing a leak now with 93,000 miles on the odo.

Thx for any feedback.

RoadRunner

I upgraded my base buckets with '93 4Runner buckets... better support... lumbar adjustments... better cloth... pockets on rear of seat... bolt right in (no drilling).... took a lot of work trudging through salvage yards.... most SR5s and Limiteds have sunroofs so just when you get all excited spotting a 4Runner in the yard, you'll run up to it only to find the seats soaked beyond repair... I got tremendously lucky after visiting a half dozen junkyards... Paid $50 for the pair.... also tossed in the leather-wrapped steering wheel to replace the Rubbermaid base truck wheel.... MUCH BETTER tactile driving experience

Roadrunner,about your recall question.I have a 91 Dolphin that was my folks and I called the closest toyota dealer service desk and gave them the VIN number and within seconds they were able to tell me that recall work had been done and the date it was performed.And by the way I have a exhuast leak on passenger side,hope it is just a bad gasket.Only 31,000 miles on this V6.

I upgraded my base buckets with '93 4Runner buckets... better support... lumbar adjustments... better cloth... pockets on rear of seat... bolt right in (no drilling).... took a lot of work trudging through salvage yards.... most SR5s and Limiteds have sunroofs so just when you get all excited spotting a 4Runner in the yard, you'll run up to it only to find the seats soaked beyond repair... I got tremendously lucky after visiting a half dozen junkyards... Paid $50 for the pair.... also tossed in the leather-wrapped steering wheel to replace the Rubbermaid base truck wheel.... MUCH BETTER tactile driving experience

Thanks so much, Penstater :ThumbUp: I'll start looking for the 93 4Runner bucket seats. Sounds like you got a great deal at $50 for the pair. Hope I can do as well here in Abq.

Roadrunner,about your recall question.I have a 91 Dolphin that was my folks and I called the closest toyota dealer service desk and gave them the VIN number and within seconds they were able to tell me that recall work had been done and the date it was performed.And by the way I have a exhuast leak on passenger side,hope it is just a bad gasket.Only 31,000 miles on this V6.

Thanks, IowaC. I'll call and see what kind of response I get from the two Toy dealers here in Abq. Hopefully, I'm within whatever cutoff date and/or VIN that they require.

Cheers :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

I own a 1990 Winnebago Micro Warrior, V6, 5spd manual tranny and am wanting info on two issues:

a) best options for finding and replacing driver and passenger seats with ones that are more comfortable. Need seats with runners that will fit the current mounting bolt holes in the floor.

B) where do I find current info on the reported recall for exhaust manifold problems on the V6? I'm hearing a leak now with 93,000 miles on the odo.

Thx for any feedback.

RoadRunner

RoadRunner,

I also have a Winnie Warrior but a 89 model. I went out and found a set of seats in a earlier 90's 4Runner but they were exactly like my stock seats. I don't know if other people were able to find seats that are different and better than mine. I realized that the discomfort comes from the front edge of the seat being too low and not supporting the back part of my leg just above my knee. I am going to put a pillow there and see if this helps before trying to find a better seat again.

Michael