hi all, i am new owner of a 88 sunrader classic and completed the maiden voyage, with , one issue a thousand miles in, broke altenator belt had it repaired next day. but it has not idled right since i got it in florida a week ago. very low at start like it will and somtimes has stalled, i give it jus a lil gas and sit a min just get it in gear before it putters and take off after two to three mins of driving it will not stall and can sit in drive jus fine. When the rig is warm the idle is high in drive and a too high in park, kind of loud. Was thinking a possible fuel pump problem, clogging line? or 02 sensor and i dont have a manual but heard there is a throttle position sensor on 22re. Was going to get diagnostics ran on it but there are no engine lights on and dont drop a hundred if there is something i can check out first thanks for any suggestions

There is a cold start air bypass valve that should bring the idle up a bit when it is cold they do fail or get plugged up. The first thing I would do is remove the big hose that goes to the air intake and clean out the inside of the throttle body with a little carb cleaner and a clean rag. The air passages are inside that go to the cold idle valve so be sure they are clean. Once it is warm there is a large screw on the throttle body that is the warm idle adjustment it looks at you when you are standing in front of the engine, tightening is a slower warm idle. Have a good look around for leaking vacuum hoses that will make your idle screwy also. Try the idle adjust and hose check first before you condem the cold idle valve when you find out how much they cost you may want to just let it warm up!