I Finally bought one!

billburton

Roof leaking despite a new rubber roof put on not long ago. looks like around air conditioner to me, half fast remodeling attempt done to interior but I still love it , I can't wait to get it the way I want. I have been looking for a couple of years and just never found one I liked enough things about to buy. I Look forward to talking with folks on here and seeing some of your ideas. First thing I am looking for is instructions on stove fridge furnace wiring etc . Can someone please hook me up with that info? thanks in advance

Roof leaking despite a new rubber roof put on not long ago. looks like around air conditioner to me
Yep, the ACs are notorious for leaking. With time, the load of the AC unit makes the roof deflect toward the AC so that you actually have standing water right on the gasket. Even when it's not raining, the condensation will pond under the unit, against the gasket. That gasket can keep out wind driven rain, but it was NOT made to be stop infiltation of ponding water.

So here's what I did...

When I reroofed mine with Peel & Seal, I cut out a spacer from 1" thick high density foam roof insulation (it's the stuff they put under rubber roofs). Dimensions were 14"x14" inside and 18"x18" outside. With the new roof freshly applied, I screwed that spacer down and applied a layer of Peel & Seal over it, rolling it in good with a rubber roofing seam roller and applying heat with a heat gun, and extending the seal 6" out away from the outter edge of the spacer.

So that made a 1" high curb which the AC unit sets on. Water will never be 1" deep on the roof, so the gasket will never see ponding water.

You can install a similar curb for your AC using rubber and roofing adhesive and that will probably help you out tremendously.

The other thing I am going to do is install a pair of condensate drain lines under the AC evaporator that lead over the right and left edges, resectively, of the roof. Probably a 3/8" vinyl tube.

Yep, the ACs are notorious for leaking. With time, the load of the AC unit makes the roof deflect toward the AC so that you actually have standing water right on the gasket. Even when it's not raining, the condensation will pond under the unit, against the gasket. That gasket can keep out wind driven rain, but it was NOT made to be stop infiltation of ponding water.

So here's what I did...

When I reroofed mine with Peel & Seal, I cut out a spacer from 1" thick high density foam roof insulation (it's the stuff they put under rubber roofs). Dimensions were 14"x14" inside and 18"x18" outside. With the new roof freshly applied, I screwed that spacer down and applied a layer of Peel & Seal over it, rolling it in good with a rubber roofing seam roller and applying heat with a heat gun, and extending the seal 6" out away from the outter edge of the spacer.

So that made a 1" high curb which the AC unit sets on. Water will never be 1" deep on the roof, so the gasket will never see ponding water.

Great ideas thanks, bodybagger

You can install a similar curb for your AC using rubber and roofing adhesive and that will probably help you out tremendously.

The other thing I am going to do is install a pair of condensate drain lines under the AC evaporator that lead over the right and left edges, resectively, of the roof. Probably a 3/8" vinyl tube.