Engine or Trans

Jack1992

Hello

I have a 1990 Winn Warrior v6. It runs great some of the time. My problem is it seems to want to shift into a different gear before its time. I may be in low gear and at a very low speed it wants to shift into a higher gear before its time. I need some info.

Thank You

Dave

Possibly your shift cable needs adjustment.

If the problem persists after adjusting the shift cable, here are some other options:

Check line pressure and governor circuit pressure during operation.

Remove driveshaft and extension housing and inspect the centrifugal governor assembly for perfectly smooth operation.

Hello

I have a 1990 Winn Warrior v6. It runs great some of the time. My problem is it seems to want to shift into a different gear before its time. I may be in low gear and at a very low speed it wants to shift into a higher gear before its time. I need some info.

Thank You

Dave

Cable, sounds like it may even be broken or just disconnected.

If the problem persists after adjusting the shift cable, here are some other options:

Remove driveshaft and extension housing and inspect the centrifugal governor assembly for perfectly smooth operation.

Thank You for your reply............I dont know much about the mechanics of these but I will find someone who does.

Once again THANK YOU

Thanks for your reply

Could you tell me how to check this preasure?

Tanks

If the governor is hung up it will not shift up and/or it will start in a higher gear then normal when you start off from a stop. If it is shifting early it is a cable issue.