Unsafe Lane Usage

bufbooth

Hello All,

The first few hours on any of my RV trips appear to be the most interesting.

Last Friday (May 30th) I was two hours into my one week trip to Wisconsin and I was

stop by the Indiana State Police. I asked why I was stopped and was informed that I

was moving around in my lane. It was a bit windy out and I told the tropper that I was

getting hit by cross winds. I asked if I crossed any of the lane lines and was told no, just

that I was moving a bit left and right in my lane. The tropper returned a few minutes later

and issued me a warning ticket for "Unsafe Lane Usage".

Has anyone else experienced something like this?

Is a "Unsafe Lane Usage" the default warning ticket to issue for failed DUI stops?

Thanks,

Dennis...

I will need to check if my insurance company will ding me for it.

Probably not. Not for a warning ticket. But, stranger things have happened before. If it does become part of your insurance records though it would definitely be worthwhile investigating exactly what "Unsafe lane usage" means.

Hello All,

The first few hours on any of my RV trips appear to be the most interesting.

Last Friday (May 30th) I was two hours into my one week trip to Wisconsin and I was

stop by the Indiana State Police. I asked why I was stopped and was informed that I

was moving around in my lane. It was a bit windy out and I told the tropper that I was

getting hit by cross winds. I asked if I crossed any of the lane lines and was told no, just

that I was moving a bit left and right in my lane. The tropper returned a few minutes later

and issued me a warning ticket for "Unsafe Lane Usage".

Has anyone else experienced something like this?

Is a "Unsafe Lane Usage" the default warning ticket to issue for failed DUI stops?

Thanks,

Dennis...

It's just a warning ticket..Maybe the cop was actually concerned for your and other road users well being. :Poster_oops:

• 2 weeks later...