Why is my Fan under fuses cycling on and off? 86' Belair

I have an 86' belair.. and after plugging it into 110, I noticed that a fan keeps cycling on and off in the compartment under the fuse compartment. it seems to be doing it between longer intervals of time.. I cant seem to find a switch to turn it off,, what is this fan for ? and is there a way to disable it ? I dont wanna run up my electricity bill because I am plugged into my house electric... I thought it was the furnace but it never gets cold here so i made sure the furnace controls werent on ... any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks Glen in sunny Key Largo

Hi Glen,

I believe that the fan you are referring to is the cooling fan in your converter. I replaced the original 6325 converter in my 85 Sunrader with a Xantrex TRUECHARGE RV converter. The fan cycles as necessary to cool the converter.

Regards, AllenL

Sounds like your cooling fan for the converter. They sense temp of the converter/charger electronics and cycles on and off as needed so if you happen to be running lights and it's charging the battery at the same time it will cycle more often. It's normal and the little fan draws such a small amount of power you would never see it on your power bill.

thanks a ton guys I'm actually glen's nephew and i'll be stayin in the ol yota'home and I didn't wanna run up an outrageous power bill. you guys are so quick to reply and so helpful we really appreciate it