Fiberglass reinforced styrofoam for building cabinets?

Just wondering. Has anyone built lightweight cabinets for their camper by using styrofoam insulation board and fiberglass? I know about the guy on U-tube with the van, but I mean taking some time and making really decent looking ones. I built a prototype 4-piece 12" x 14" square (meaning no front or back)with 1 inch pink styrofoam board and 1 layer of very thin, I think 1.5oz) fiberglass cloth on the inside and outside just to test the possibilities. Rounding theĀ  outside corners helps the fiberglass lay down smooth and I used a roller so that the weave was smooth with no air bubbles. They end up with the weave showing as a pattern kinda like the rv wallboard paneling. My wife says she would just paint them, but I'm wondering about a coat of gelcoat on the outside, (more strength). I've only built one so far but it is amazingly strong and LIGHTWEIGHT! I can sit on it and that is without a front or back! I'm wondering how strong it would be fiberglassed or glued up on the wall like a shadow bow with a cutout front and a net to keep stuff in or possibly a short bottom rail and bin boxes. You could shape the back to match the wall profile and run them up or across the wall overhead. If anyone out there has tried this I would like to compare some notes.