trade my 78 chinook

fisherman120

I'm kind of just throughing this out there but my wife is pregnant again so i dont think the good old chinook is going to be big anuf for us anymore and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in trading me for a little bit bigger camper. Details to be discused of course, other than the spark plug ordeal it is in very good shape and gets about 25mpg. I just replaced the carpet and upholstery. If this is anything that would be possible at all let me know that you may be interested. I may even be open to just selling it I'm not quite sure yet. Tell me what you think.

I'm kind of just throughing this out there but my wife is pregnant again so i dont think the good old chinook is going to be big anuf for us anymore and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in trading me for a little bit bigger camper. Details to be discused of course, other than the spark plug ordeal it is in very good shape and gets about 25mpg. I just replaced the carpet and upholstery. If this is anything that would be possible at all let me know that you may be interested. I may even be open to just selling it I'm not quite sure yet. Tell me what you think.

I think I would like to see some pics and hear some more about the spark plug ordeal.

Jerry

The spark plug ordeal; when I replaced one of the spark plugs it brought half of the threads with it. But I was able to get the new one in tight enough that everything was ok, afterwords I took it on a 300 mile round trip without a single problem and got 25mpg fully loaded. So the next time the spark plugs need to be replaced this issue would have to be addressed but otherwise should be fine I have replaced all the shocks and did a full tune-up on it. Also put a new valve cover gasket on it. I was extremely surprised how very clean it was on the inside. I was just kind of throwing this topic out there too see if anyone would be interested at all if not I wont cry because I do love this camper. I do have a bunch of inside pics that you can access by going to my profile and clicking on the gallery tab and then view all gallery files. If you really want I can take some pics of the outside, let me know what you think.

The spark plug ordeal; when I replaced one of the spark plugs it brought half of the threads with it. But I was able to get the new one in tight enough that everything was ok, afterwords I took it on a 300 mile round trip without a single problem and got 25mpg fully loaded. So the next time the spark plugs need to be replaced this issue would have to be addressed but otherwise should be fine I have replaced all the shocks and did a full tune-up on it. Also put a new valve cover gasket on it. I was extremely surprised how very clean it was on the inside. I was just kind of throwing this topic out there too see if anyone would be interested at all if not I wont cry because I do love this camper. I do have a bunch of inside pics that you can access by going to my profile and clicking on the gallery tab and then view all gallery files. If you really want I can take some pics of the outside, let me know what you think.

I found an album of your cute daughter but no others.

Ok try going to these links and see if that works. I think it was because i posted these pics as private on accident and i dont know how to change it and i dont have them on my comp anymore.

http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.ph...si&img=1407

http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.ph...si&img=1405

http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.ph...si&img=1406

:) I dont have any more pics of that fish, in fact if the hot chick at the fish and game check station had not mentioned getting a picture of it i would not have gotten even that picture lol, and I wanted to mount it but it had a computer chip in its nose and they cut the top part of his face off right after that picture.

Great fish story! Did you get any pics of the hot chick? Never heard of a chip in a fish. I'm guessing it's a salmon? Can't believe they tore it's face off, did you report 'em to Peta?

My biggest was a 42lb flathead. I was in a 8' jon boat and when I would try to pull him in the edge of the boat would almost go under. I solved that by shooting him in the head, that took the fight out of him and he slid into the boat quite easily.

Mike from Kansas, the land of catfish and largemouth bass.

Edited by comfun1

Ok, so what if I just wanted to sell it, does anyone know what would be a fare asking price? I mean I have heard numbers all over the place depending on who I talk to. Does anyone have any suggestions for an asking price? The miles are at 87k, and new carpeting throughout, new upholstery, new curtains, full tune-up, and brand new kyb shocks all around. Everything works good, I mean everything. Any input apprishiated.