New Member,need tire info

Iowacamper

I just picked up this neat little camper.29,000 miles. Very very clean.But tires are needing replaced and all I can see on side wall is 185R14,6 ply.I need to know what I need for the correct width,like 65R14 or 75R14.There are duals on the rear.The tires are original and from Japan so they do not show the USA tire size I assume.

Well I am a newbie and posted to soon.I have found all the info for tires I think I will need,I hope.Looks like a great site! This site is the same format as Hardcoresledder.com ,If you snowmobile and have not looked at the site check it out.

You should use 185R14 8PR or 195R14 8PR. 8 ply is very important. I found tires-easy web site to offer a selection at great prices. I put Nexen tires on my Sunrader and paid under $75 each delivered to Arizona.

Hey,Mcshank.Thanks for the reply.I looked all over the net last night and called six tire dealers here local and what I went with were,Cooper SRM2 #64305.They are 185R14 in 8 ply.I got a quote of $89.56 per tire plus $6.00 each for stems and mounted and balanced.The price I was given for Nexen was $74.88 per tire,same rated tire.I think the coopers will be a better tire for a little more $$$.

Hey,Mcshank.Thanks for the reply.I looked all over the net last night and called six tire dealers here local and what I went with were,Cooper SRM2 #64305.They are 185R14 in 8 ply.I got a quote of $89.56 per tire plus $6.00 each for stems and mounted and balanced.The price I was given for Nexen was $74.88 per tire,same rated tire.I think the coopers will be a better tire for a little more $$$.

The Coopers sound good. I picked Nexen for the M&S tread design. There were 6 ply on when I bought my Sunrader and the 8 ply has firmed up the handling quite a bit.