Replacing Sunrader Front Window

buick

I have a 89 sunrader with a crack in the front wrap around window. I found a used one here in town but they said they dont have the gasket for it. Does anyone here have step by step instructions for the removal and install of the window and gasket?

-john

I have a 89 sunrader with a crack in the front wrap around window. I found a used one here in town but they said they dont have the gasket for it. Does anyone here have step by step instructions for the removal and install of the window and gasket?

-john

Have a read over of this thread

http://www.toyotamotorhome.org/forums/inde...post&p=5868

and the topic a couple down will give you the name of the gasket manufacturer

-john

I have a 1981 Sunrader and I'm looking on getting a replacement. Where did you find the window? My husband said you should be able to go to a glass shop and they would have the casket you need to replace the window.

Donna

-john

Sorry John, late to the party, as usual. If you're still looking for de-install hints etc. I will just say that doing this is tough to do without scaffolding across the hood. Possible maybe to use 2 good sturdy ladders with a 2 x 12 (or two 2x6's stacked) pushed through steps depending on a person's weight. There is a rubber bead that can be tough to find the ends of in the center of the stock gasket for the windows, Take an awl and carefully pry out the end when you find it. See below:

If it is old, it may come out in pieces. Otherwise, it can be carefully pulled out all the way around the perimeter. Once it is out, if not caulked,the gasket will fold right back into the interior. You may need a thin plastic putty knife lubricated with soapy water to separate the gasket. The window can then easily be pushed back into the overhead bunk area.

The install is outlined in one of the other links before mine.

BR,

Toyoguy

Sorry John, late to the party, as usual. If you're still looking for de-install hints etc. I will just say that doing this is tough to do without scaffolding across the hood. Possible maybe to use 2 good sturdy ladders with a 2 x 12 (or two 2x6's stacked) pushed through steps depending on a person's weight. There is a rubber bead that can be tough to find the ends of in the center of the stock gasket for the windows, Take an awl and carefully pry out the end when you find it. See below:

If it is old, it may come out in pieces. Otherwise, it can be carefully pulled out all the way around the perimeter. Once it is out, if not caulked,the gasket will fold right back into the interior. You may need a thin plastic putty knife lubricated with soapy water to separate the gasket. The window can then easily be pushed back into the overhead bunk area.

The install is outlined in one of the other links before mine.

BR,

Toyoguy

Thanks!!!