engines 22r-want to switch to v6

ronald b

I want to find and upgrade my 22r to a v6 with more power for hills and speed the 22r on flat ground only does 55mph please help.

Don't do it it will not bolt to the tranny and the 3.0 does not have the best history or gas mileage. If you are going to up grade go with the yota 3.4 to a R150 of R151 and a bell housing from Marlin Crawler. Don't need to go much faster than 55-60 just have more patience. These things don't stop to fast

What's your rush? No matter what you use for an engine swap it is a major project major money. Take your time enjoy drive the Porsche when you want to go fast.

Hey To All.

I've got a '84 Dolphin with the 22R. I put a Warner carb w/ a K&N filter, I put a tuned header on it, and I've always run Mobile 1 oil. I get 13 - 16 MPG. I live in south west Montana and this rig will easily run 75 MPH on the flats and 45 - 50 over most passes.

Just food for thought!

T.A.J.

Yes, these Toys do not stop on a dime from faster speeds (fast in our case being 55 mph). In fact, one of the major things to be aware of when driving your Toy motorhome are the wonderful folks that will see you coming down the road/street and pull out in front of you. Had this happen to me this week when I had The Little Puppy out. I had the green light and two vehicles turned right as I approached the intersection; one of them was a police car. So much for the "right on red after stop!"

Guess they don't remember that means no vehicles approaching that have the right of way.

When we are on the highway, we are always looking for anyone waiting to pull out because we know they will probably pull out. I guess they think they will have to poke behind us and they would rather give us a heart attack by pulling out and having us hit the brakes. So, be aware ... they're out there and they're waiting to get you, too. :lips-sealed:

Safe driving and braking.

Dianne

What state are you in? Check to see what has to be done to make it smog legal if needed before you rip it apart. Also I think anything with fuel injection wants a fuel pump in the gas tank. So you might have to consider a custom tank to accommodate that. Those 22r engine can be performanced out a lot. I would look that direction because you could have a really nice fully balanced performance engine for what it will cost you to do a swap! An engine swap is will take some fabrication and allot of mechanical knowledge, tools and time. Did I mention its never straight forward, there is always the unseen factor.