Water pump question from a newbee.

tucpinz

Hi everyone, I just bought a 1984 Toyota Coachman Savannah today making this my first RV (WHHEEE). When I got home I turned on the pump switch and the faucets and all worked fine but water started to come out what appears to be an overflow or over pressure 1/8" ID line under the coach. When I turn the pump off the water stop flowing from the line.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ed

Sounds like one of the drain valves is in the open position. Don't know where your pump is, but some where near it you should find two drain valves, on my Spirit they are pull to open push to close. Used for draining system for winterizing.

Does your pump turn off automatically when you turn off the taps? 1/8” line is pretty small, where is the line can you see where it coming from? If the pump turns off by its self and stays off it does not sound like the line is pressurized.

Thanks for all the input. It was the winterize line and there was a broken push/pull valve that I was just able to push shut for the time being.

Thanks again for the help....

Tucpinz

Does your pump turn off automatically when you turn off the taps? 1/8" line is pretty small, where is the line can you see where it coming from? If the pump turns off by its self and stays off it does not sound like the line is pressurized.

Also now the pump stays on but starts to slow down a good bit. The battery meter is reading on the low side but the taps all have good pressure and move water when open. When I turn off all water the pump slows to about 1/4 rpm but never stops.

Any ideas?

Tucpinz

Sounds like it still has some air in it. The air will compress and the pump can't build up enough pressure to switch off. Don't forget your toilet.