Solar Power!

mission mike

Solar power I'm looking to add a solar panel to our rig, I'm wondering what size I would need, it would have to be something portable as I don't have access to the roof, so I need something that can be set up when we are boon docking down in Mexico, it would be use solely for keeping the coach battery topped up, we have no electrical appliances and do all of our cooking on the propane stove or charcoal bbq, we have a small inverter for charging camera batteries, the coach battery will last two to three days if we use the pump and lights sparingly.I would be grateful for any advise on size and where to buy, I will soon be driving down through Washington, Oregon and California on route to Baja. thanks Mike

Solar power I'm looking to add a solar panel to our rig, I'm wondering what size I would need, it would have to be something portable as I don't have access to the roof, so I need something that can be set up when we are boon docking down in Mexico, it would be use solely for keeping the coach battery topped up, we have no electrical appliances and do all of our cooking on the propane stove or charcoal bbq, we have a small inverter for charging camera batteries, the coach battery will last two to three days if we use the pump and lights sparingly.I would be grateful for any advise on size and where to buy, I will soon be driving down through Washington, Oregon and California on route to Baja. thanks Mike

Hey Mike

This is what I have http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/sto...28565_200328565 and it's pretty good in keeping my batts. charged. It has a desulfator, cap meter and claims it can charge up to four batteries. I only charge two batts the most. I don't know what's portable to you, but this is pretty light and I just lean it on anything to face the sun.

...my 2 cents

Hi Toyomota

That looks great and would be perfect for what we need, unfortunately I realize I have left it a little late for mail order, we live in the S W of Canada, and hope to be on the road a week today, (weather permitting) I wonder if I could pick up a unit like that somewhere, on the drive down the west coast of the states.

Thanks Mike