Forgotten courtesies

Ever since I got my Sunrader and am not the fastest vehicle on the road, I pull over to let people pass me quite often. In my youth (a long time ago!) I was taught to give a person pulling over for me a courtesy tap on the horn to thank them. These days, almost no one does this. In fact, sometimes I get the one finger salute for not pulling over sooner! A tap on the horn or a thank you wave is really appreciated. So there's my rant for the day.

Bill

• 3 weeks later...
Ever since I got my Sunrader and am not the fastest vehicle on the road, I pull over to let people pass me quite often. In my youth (a long time ago!) I was taught to give a person pulling over for me a courtesy tap on the horn to thank them. These days, almost no one does this. In fact, sometimes I get the one finger salute for not pulling over sooner! A tap on the horn or a thank you wave is really appreciated. So there's my rant for the day.

Bill

We actually have the opposite here. Even in my normal truck everyone is going faster than me and 9 times out of 10 the folks going by use the emerg flashers to wave a thank you.

HiWay 9 - Santa Cruz Mountains

• 3 years later...