My last trip to the dumping station for a while!

SanDiegoPaul

I was ready to take the motorhome to a dumping station this afternoon when I realized something: Why do so, when I had a double-cleanout in my front yard?

Two years ago after having plumbing issues in the house, I had the front yard dug up & a double-cleanout installed. One side of the U-shaped pipe goes up towards the house and the other, down toward the street. The connections are 3 inch PVC pipe.

I dutifully backed the Toyota M/H into the driveway and test fitted the waste pipe drain hose to my house's cleanouts. A perfect fit!

Three minutes later, both tanks were drained in the motorhome and it was parked in it's rightful place.

Saved the 15.00 fee for using the dumping station, and saved at least 45 minutes round-trip to there and back.

Surely, I'm not the only M/H owner that has a 3-inch cleanout in the front yard! butwiggle[1].gif

I was ready to take the motorhome to a dumping station this afternoon when I realized something: Why do so, when I had a double-cleanout in my front yard?

Two years ago after having plumbing issues in the house, I had the front yard dug up & a double-cleanout installed. One side of the U-shaped pipe goes up towards the house and the other, down toward the street. The connections are 3 inch PVC pipe.

I dutifully backed the Toyota M/H into the driveway and test fitted the waste pipe drain hose to my house's cleanouts. A perfect fit!

Three minutes later, both tanks were drained in the motorhome and it was parked in it's rightful place.

Saved the 15.00 fee for using the dumping station, and saved at least 45 minutes round-trip to there and back.

Surely, I'm not the only M/H owner that has a 3-inch cleanout in the front yard! butwiggle[1].gif

I believe that per code people are REQUIRED to have cleanouts at various locations of their homes, making this possible for just about anyone who can bring their RV over to the cleanout.

Clever to discover, nontheless!

Good deal on the clean outs wish mine had on I just open the hatch on the tank and let her rip! My clean out is inside the house and some how I don't think it would please my wife if I used it. The local campground here wants $50 to dump if you are not camping there.