Board suggestions/complaints?

Hey Greg! The new software looks great! And the boards look like they've picked up a lot of new members!

Small complaint:

When replying to a post, the previous posts are no longer visible at the bottom of page? I really miss that feature as I'd like to see the posts history/content. Is this taxing on the server? I guess one could always open a second browser window and navigate to the topic while replying in the other. This would seem more strain on the server tho?

Hey Greg! The new software looks great! And the boards look like they've picked up a lot of new members!

Small complaint:

When replying to a post, the previous posts are no longer visible at the bottom of page? I really miss that feature as I'd like to see the posts history/content. Is this taxing on the server? I guess one could always open a second browser window and navigate to the topic while replying in the other. This would seem more strain on the server tho?

Yes I agree, I turned it off when I was trying to reduce the cpu load. I will turn it back on! Probably will not get to it until tomorrow as I have forgotten where it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Great. That's a nice feature!

One thing that would be fun to have implemented was a custom bbcode for youtube videos. Users would then enclose the video's id# inside the tags and the small video would appear in their topic.

here would be the code:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/{content}"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/{content}" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Also that black "spoiler" thing is kinda annoying imho.

probably why nobody ever uses it!
It would be nice to be able to put extra information about things in a neat expanded dropdown like format instead.

something like this

<div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px"><input type="button" value="Show / Hide" style="width:165px;font-size:10px;margin:0px;padding:0px;" onClick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = ''; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Show / Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Show / Hide'; }">
</div>
<div class="alt2" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px; border: 1px inset;">
<div style="display: none;">
{content}
</div>
</div>
</div>

just something to goof around with if you're bored these long winter nights and want to screw around a bit with the forums. The youtube bbcode wouldn't be all that useful.. prob not too many ppl here post many youtube links. The improved spoiler tag would be nice tho. Especially for ramble mouths like me.

.. not sure what IPB's default settings are for spoiler bbcode, but if you replace the code with the above, you would use:

1. Use Option in tag? Use to create [tag=option] style tags = select no

2. Switch option around? Use this if you wish to swap the {content} for {option} (IE when using tags like [tag={content}]{option}[/tag] = select yes

Guest Chickens_turbo greg#2

Exelant Ideas, are you putting it in the main template?

Great. That's a nice feature!

One thing that would be fun to have implemented was a custom bbcode for youtube videos. Users would then enclose the video's id# inside the tags and the small video would appear in their topic.

here would be the code:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/{content}"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/{content}" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Also that black "spoiler" thing is kinda annoying imho.

probably why nobody ever uses it!
It would be nice to be able to put extra information about things in a neat expanded dropdown like format instead.

something like this

<div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px"><input type="button" value="Show / Hide" style="width:165px;font-size:10px;margin:0px;padding:0px;" onClick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = ''; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Show / Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Show / Hide'; }">
</div>
<div class="alt2" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px; border: 1px inset;">
<div style="display: none;">
{content}
</div>
</div>
</div>

just something to goof around with if you're bored these long winter nights and want to screw around a bit with the forums. The youtube bbcode wouldn't be all that useful.. prob not too many ppl here post many youtube links. The improved spoiler tag would be nice tho. Especially for ramble mouths like me.

.. not sure what IPB's default settings are for spoiler bbcode, but if you replace the code with the above, you would use:

1. Use Option in tag? Use to create [tag=option] style tags = select no

2. Switch option around? Use this if you wish to swap the {content} for {option} (IE when using tags like [tag={content}]{option}[/tag] = select yes

It would really be nice if IPS wouls integrate a module and plugin install package as the joomla folks have done. There are several video plugins for joomla. I have one running on my ham radio site www.k6gph.org which integrates with youtube and many others and one can just use a tag in content to display the vid and then it streams from you tube.