Your inside height??

Tundrawolf

Hello,

The inside ceiling height of my RV varies depending on where I stand. I realize there is some water damage, and it looks as if they have put another floor on top of the original floor-however I could be wrong about this.

I am 6'1" and Ineed this camper to be comfortable, so when I am stanging at "attention", my head isn't firmly against the ceiling.

I am wondering if I need to add an inch to the overall height of the camper to accomodate my height, or if when I rebuild it I leave it as is, because due to water damage/sagging ceiling it is perfectly capable of acommodating my height "stock".

I have a 1982 20' Dolphin, with the bathroom just as you walk in from the side of the RV on the passengers side.

I appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Thanks!!

Dave

Mine is about 6' 2" but it is a '87' Nova Star 21'. I am 6' and I can not stand under my A/C It is the same front to rear just the A/C is low. I'm afraid I can't help you with a Dolphin though. Sounds like razing the roof might be quite a task.

Hello,

The inside ceiling height of my RV varies depending on where I stand. I realize there is some water damage, and it looks as if they have put another floor on top of the original floor-however I could be wrong about this.

I am 6'1" and Ineed this camper to be comfortable, so when I am stanging at "attention", my head isn't firmly against the ceiling.

I am wondering if I need to add an inch to the overall height of the camper to accomodate my height, or if when I rebuild it I leave it as is, because due to water damage/sagging ceiling it is perfectly capable of acommodating my height "stock".

I have a 1982 20' Dolphin, with the bathroom just as you walk in from the side of the RV on the passengers side.

I appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Thanks!!

Dave

Raising the ceiling height would be a huge project. Not sure if I would be willing to do that. One thing to check before you rip off the roof is put a square on your cabinets to the wall. I bring this up because I recently went to look at a Dolphin for sale (selling ours to get a bigger rig) and found that the cabinets on each side had dropped in height at the walls. It was very noticeable that the flooring was failing. You mention water damage that's why I bring all this up. Put a square on top of your cabinets and up against the wall and verify that it is still square. If it is nor then you may have floor damage and the sides of the coach have actually sunk. Water damage, another floor, make sure the bottom is sound before you tear off the top.