I will be converting my 5 lug to 6 lug on both ends, but is the frotn as easy as upgrading the rims and tires, and getting a 6 lug brake rotor?

Thanks!

Adapters

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
So... A 5 lug will NOT interchange with a 6 lug, spindle-wise?

The spindle shaft is the same dimension 84-93, even though the spindle assy will not interchange through those years per the parts interchange manuals. What I did was use a 6 lug one ton hub, rotor and calipre and it was a simple bolt on conversion. I did this to my 86 Nova Star and my 84 Mirage. I could never find any 5 to 6 adapters and why mess with adapters anyway? Using the factory one ton assy gives you much larger front brakes. Make sure to get the one ton dust shield/backing plate as the 1/2 ton will not fit the calipre w/o cutting it.

• 4 months later...
The spindle shaft is the same dimension 84-93, even though the spindle assy will not interchange through those years per the parts interchange manuals. What I did was use a 6 lug one ton hub, rotor and calipre and it was a simple bolt on conversion. I did this to my 86 Nova Star and my 84 Mirage. I could never find any 5 to 6 adapters and why mess with adapters anyway? Using the factory one ton assy gives you much larger front brakes. Make sure to get the one ton dust shield/backing plate as the 1/2 ton will not fit the calipre w/o cutting it.

Same master cylinder?