heater

magic princess

Yes, it worked when i bought it last year but i have never used it since and cannot remember how to get it to work. Gas is full, fan runs...Have followed the directions and had two other people try as well. All comments highly appreciated!!! It's starting to get cold out!!! Princess Pepper the pitbull is getting mad about the cold!!! electronic igniter i believe.

Hello,

You may have some air in the gas lines. Try turning on your stove burners and

let them burn for a couple minutes, that might pull some of the air out of the lines,

then try the heater again.

Also, if you battery is not fully charge, the electronic ignitor may not be working, give

it a try while plugged into electric or with the truck engine running. The heater fan

does pull a little juice, especially if it is dirty from sitting idle, it may be turning harder

than normal.

Dennis...

You have got to have plenty of wind from the fan try it when it is plugged into house power and see what that does that will give the battery a boost . There is a switch that allows the gas valve to open it is called a sail switch and it does pretty much what it's name implies when the air from the fan blows it pushes the sail switch closed and turns on the the gas. There are other things that may cause your problem but the sail switch is a common issue and generally from lack of enough air flow.

One of the most common causes for heater not lighting is corroded electrical terminals. Clean them, especially the ground wire. If you listen carefully, and can hear the gas light and still you get no heat, it could be the thermocouple which is fairly easy to replace, if it isnt working the gas will light (kinda a soft whoosh sound) but the flame will go out very soon.

Excellent!! Yes it was because the battery was low...the heater kicked in right away when i plugged it in...Thanks!! What a great site this is!! So how does the marine battery recharge...when it is plugged in or when the rv is running on gas motor?? I am wondering if i will be able to get heat when i am out on the road with no electric to plug into??

Excellent!! Yes it was because the battery was low...the heater kicked in right away when i plugged it in...Thanks!! What a great site this is!! So how does the marine battery recharge...when it is plugged in or when the rv is running on gas motor?? I am wondering if i will be able to get heat when i am out on the road with no electric to plug into??

Yes your converter should charge the battery and so should the truck while you drive. It is hard to say if there will be enough battery to work your heater maybe some one can do a load test on your battery to see if it is ok and check the charging system while they are at it. Some times the fan motors turn hard from a lack of lube (they get dry with age) that slows them down and draws even more power from your battery if it squeeks that's a sure sign. Check the battery first and go from there.

• 2 weeks later...