Hello All,

(new here)

Just wondering if anybody here ever done this.

I have a newly acquired Winnie Warrior EFI 22RE, but there's a problem with the fuel delivery and I tried all the test, FP test connector to B+, but still no fuel coming out of the fuel filter in. So now I'm ready to change the pump <_< , problem is, access to the tank underneath. Because the winnie is park in a very tight spot and the ground is not paved..it's going to be very messy and very painful.

Now, since I'm going to replace the carpet inside, is it possible to punch a hole maybe a 10" square hole on the floor to access the pump from there...or is that a big sin? :thumbdown:

Will that affect the integrity of the floor, frame or anything else?

Also I'm thinking of since I have that hole already, maybe I will make some kind of a service panel cover...sealing type of course, just in case there is a problem with the pump or sender in the future.

What do think folks?

Appreciate your opinion in advance.

How sure are you that the pump is bad? They are pretty tough and seldom go bad, there is a lot of wiring and controls that are part of the plan. Have you checked to see if you have power at the pump? You will have to get a friend to help because just turning the key on will not start the pump it has to be cranked.

How sure are you that the pump is bad? They are pretty tough and seldom go bad, there is a lot of wiring and controls that are part of the plan. Have you checked to see if you have power at the pump? You will have to get a friend to help because just turning the key on will not start the pump it has to be cranked.

Looking at the schematic, the plus (+) of the pump (Blue wire-as per manual) is tied to the "FP" port of the diagnostic connector (engine compartment area), so I used that port to activate the pump using a jumper to the positive (+) of the battery. So pretty much I bypassed the ignition key, EFI fuse, EFI relay and the "circuit opening relay via AFM" . The minus (-) of the pump (White/Black-as per manual)is just ground. I also checked the resistance of the + FP and Ground and came out 0.2 ohms which is still within specification according to the manual.

Now accessing the FP connector on top of the tank to see if power is really getting to the pump is the hard part, but again I have resistance reading so I know the circuit is good, but doesn't mean pump is...mechanically.

And that's why I am contemplating on cutting a hole on the floor to access the pump and connector.

Good deal sounds like you have done your home work. I often wonder why they do not take in account that some day it maybe necessary to deal with the fuel pumps of course the coach maker does not care about truck maintenance. Try hooking your jumper back up and giving the tank a tap with a rubber hammer if it starts running then you know it’s a pump issue. I wonder if you could find some thing like a hatch cover at a boat yard they do make some nice round ones out of plastic.

Good deal sounds like you have done your home work. I often wonder why they do not take in account that some day it maybe necessary to deal with the fuel pumps of course the coach maker does not care about truck maintenance. Try hooking your jumper back up and giving the tank a tap with a rubber hammer if it starts running then you know it's a pump issue. I wonder if you could find some thing like a hatch cover at a boat yard they do make some nice round ones out of plastic.

I know right. I remember I used to have a Saab 900 and I think a 4runner that is.. and the fuel pump is easily accessible from the trunk. The coachmakers probably, just like what you said, does not care about truck maintenance or it's just an extra expense for them in design and parts. Anyway that idea with tapping the tank is a good one, I'll try that. This camper was dormant for two years according to the previous owner, so that pump must be all gunked-up, a little shock treatment might get it back to life.

Now for the floor... plywood, foam, then some kind of metal sheeting is what they're typically consist of ?

Thanks for the ideas Maineah

Yeah that is pretty much what the floors are hopefully your pump access won't be right under a cross member for the coach. I was thinking of a boat hatch because once closed they are pretty water proof and can be opened again if nessary. Some are twist lock (no hinge) so it would help with space restrictions. Well I hope you are lucky and have a straight shot to the pump. If the pump starts to run you may even get away with it like I said they are pretty tough pumps not like the ones on an older GM product.

Yeah that is pretty much what the floors are hopefully your pump access won't be right under a cross member for the coach. I was thinking of a boat hatch because once closed they are pretty water proof and can be opened again if nessary. Some are twist lock (no hinge) so it would help with space restrictions. Well I hope you are lucky and have a straight shot to the pump. If the pump starts to run you may even get away with it like I said they are pretty tough pumps not like the ones on an older GM product.

I'm gonna give it a shot today... and see what's under there.

I will PM you with the results. This will be interesting.

Thanks again Maineah.