Firestone Ride rite need compressor help

mmtoy1

Hi I have the firestone ride rite MT1025TTF helper springs on my 1987 toyota sunrader the compressor is shot it leaks all the air out of the bags through the compressor and it can now no longer inflate. I have been trying to replace this compressor and cant find it. It is called Hi pressure low flow part # WRi7609004. I have called firestone and they cant tell me if it is available and they tell me there are several replacments. I have been looking for one but there are many and the prices vary a great deal. Does anyone know if this compressor is available, or what replacements will work or if there is anyplace to get the same one used.

Thanks

mm

Check your lines and connections first to make sure you do not have a leak at a fitting (use soapy water just like you would to find a gas leak). If you find leaks fix them and see if the system will hold air.

You can just hook up the bags to be manual inflation if you do not want to put in a new compressor.

Do you have the dash mounted pressure adjusters? If you do it would be worth your time to get a replacement compressor, if not it would better to just put new hoses from the air nipples to the bags, cutting out the compressor.

Give either of these folks a call and see if they have or can order just the compressor (not a full kit)

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.as...+115+4294849352

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-whee...de-rite-kit.htm

You may be able to hook up an air bladder/tank and aftermarket compressor if you can't find the direct replacement compressor.

I do have the 2 dash mounted adjusters that allow me to adjust the level of the home from the cab. I have taken off the compressor and closed that line and filled the air bags with the shop compressor and she holds so I know the leak is the compressor also when the compressor was on you could hear and feel the air coming out of it when you filled the systen with the shop compressor. Thanks for those sites I saw one compressor for about $80 that looks like its ok. What pressure switch do you use the manual says to inflate to 50 pounds so does that call for a 50 pound switch.

thanks

mm

I bought a new compresser from those guys and put it on today it inflated the bags easy and shut off when it was suppose too. There are no leaks and the air just stays in however the camper is lopsided one side seems to be inflated more than the other. I tried to adjust with the valves in the cab but when I tried to deflate one sid both sides deflated the same. Also even though the truck is clearly uneven the gagues read the same pressure. What would cause this?

mm