Replacing the Propane Stove

Ctgriffi

I don't know why they put 4-burner units in so many of these little, old rigs—we don't even use that many in our home kitchen, simultaneously, and we both cook quite a bit.

I'd like to find a good 2-burner, stainless-steel cooktop to replace the old, beat-up unit and to reclaim some precious real estate. Anybody have a product they'd like to recommend?

Also, any recommendations on new countertop material? (Something close to the original 1.125" thickness would make the job easier...)

There was recently a recommendation to use the smallest Blackstone griddle.

On 12/24/2021 at 12:33 PM, Totem said:

I just ripped out my stove and oven combo and put in a quick propane disconnect at the line and put in the smallest Blackstone griddle they make. Its awesome and can disconnect and i take it outside where I can either run a 1 lbs green tank on a picnic table or run a propane hose out the back hatch.

I really like this idea!!!

As for the countertop, it depends on how handy you are and what tools you have.  First off it probably isn't 1.125" thick but more likely have an overhang on the front edge.  Whatever the case is on yours, inspect it a bit closer to be sure.  You can find actual countertops to use, or roll your own.  

I have a full woodworking shop, and I just bought a new tool to tackle this very project!  I have built a couple tables over the years for friend's van conversions.  We cut up pallets (don't even want to hear the whole "not food safe" or "maybe contains formaldehyde" arguments, zip it lol!), planed, ripped, and glued up.  Then planed again.  Problem was the width of my planer only allows for like 13" wide pieces.  I got around this with some careful glue ups, but it wasn't as perfect as I wanted.  Much sanding had to follow.  

The new tool?  A biscuit joiner.  Maybe it will help.  It should...  I can't wait to get to the point where I am tackling the interior on my baby!!!