solar panel install on 18' sunrader

nibs

Newbie question.

I have a 120 watt panel 20"X40" that will be going on the sunraders roof, best I can think up for mounting is two 1X2 < aluminum pcs full width 1" leg vertical, cut the 1" leg at the roof edge bend down and screw to sidewalls, will remove 1" leg on sides and let it drop about 6" that way no roof penetrations. will lead the wires down rhe ladder & up through the floor to a second aux batt. any one have a better method?

Thanx Tony

Fiberglass some iso (lord) mounts to the roof and bolt to them..... No holes ANYWHERE, the glass work couldn't be seen from the street.

www.macmaster-carr.com. An isolation mount will have some flex in it so it will move as the panel changes size as temps vari.

Pg 1346, 1347, 1350, 1351

• 5 months later...

I looked up the site and checked out the different ISO mounts; are you referring to the Vibration-Damping Leveling Mounts or the Heavy Duty Vibration-Damping Leveling Mounts?? How about a part#. Thanks.

6962k41. Somthing like to be glassed into the roof of a sunrader. The idea is not to protect the panel from vibration so much as it is to let the panel move in the heat and cold with out stressing the roof.

If you have a non Sunrader then look to something like a well nut to mount the panel.

I made aluminum mounts out of some T section that I had, and glassed them to the roof, then made some urethane pads & put them between the mounts and panel, screwed the panel to the mounts through the pads. Did this in Sept 08 - 5,000 mi later all is well. & thank you for the help.