crossmember Question

twodog

I have a 20 warrior with  3.0 engine.  when I was changing brake pads, I noticed the crossmember that goes under the oil pan is not straight, and I don't know if it has been in an accident, and was bent upward of if is supposed to be that way.    It appears to be touching the oil pan.    I can't seem to find a pic on line that shows the crossmember.     I would appreciate it greatly if someone could take a look under theirs and let me know.   Thanks so much.  This site has been great in helping me with everything. 

crossmember.jpg

Yeah, yours has got a pretty good tweak in it. Should be straight, with about 1/2" clearance between crossmember and oil pan. Since you've already got it unbolted, might be a great time to source a JY replacement (and front end alignment probably a good idea after that). Or, just live with it if it's not causing any obvious trouble 😀

IMG_4697.jpeg.4740a95291809f03661762381aa0c316.jpeg

Thanks for your help.   My only concern is getting a hole in the oil pan from the crossmember rubbing it.  I'll take it out, and see if I can find a replacement or try to straighten it.     If anyone has one, I'd be interested.    It's not available thru Toyota as far as I can tell 

Edited by twodog
Add sentence