Road Service

futar

Can people share their experiences with different brands of road service? I have been with Good Sams and they are beginning to suck big time. They're like the HMO of road service. They now pay their contractors under market fees. The contractors don't want to respond.

Hi Futar,

I used to have Allstate Motor Club, the response time was usually slow to slower. I broke down in my MG Midget in the middle of town and it took 4 hours to get a tow. The car was so small I pushed it onto the wide sidewalk to get out of traffic. Most time it took 1.5 to 2 hrs for assistance. At the time I got my Sunrader they didn't tow RV's (they claim they do now).

I switched to Good Sams and have used them one time when my clutch went out on the parkway. The tow truck was there in a few minutes. The driver towed it to my driveway and backed in to where I wanted it. Total time: 30 minutes from first making the call. No additional charges for me except for the 10 bucks I slipped the driver for doing an excellent job. Next time, I'll probably be in the cold and snow for 4 hours. I guess locale and the availablity of tow companies has a lot to do with it too.

Allen