Spare Tire

ace

Hello folks,

I have a 1991 Odyssey with the spare mounted on rear of coach. I would like to mount the spare underside the frame so I can mount a cargo box. The small frame that holds the mounting bracket is there and I need know where to find the original crank mechanism that holds the spare up. If you have any ideas or have done this, I would appreciate any advice where to find them.

Thanks,

ace

I maybe all wet but I think it is nothing more then what you would find under any Toyota pick up sure looks it to me. I'll look under my pick up and let you know if it is the same as my MH.

You should be able to find everything you need at any salvage yard that has Toyota pickup trucks of your vintage.

You might have to do some digging to find a 1 ton tool kit unless your motor home came with one.

This is what the spare crank handle looks like if you find a truck with the tool kit scattered around.

http://www.toymike.com/sunrader/pics/spareCrank.jpg

If your motor home was not designed to hold the spare underneath you may need to cut a notch in the bottom of the body at the center for the crank to fit over the bumper and below the coach body to the spare lowering mechanism.

I APPRECIATE THE PHOTO FOR THE CRANK HANDLE, I thought that this was part of my spare jack kit, but I'll take a look and see for sure? There is a cross brace under the chassis where I assume the kit attaches to the bracket.

THANKS FOR THE TIPS~~~ THERE ARE A COUPLE OF SALVAGE YARDS NOT TOO FAR, SO I'LL GET ON THE PHONE!

ace

Does any one know if the stock under carriage spare tire mount can handle the weight of the heavy rims on our rigs?

Thanks

Toyota used the same spare tire mount on all trucks (4x4, 4x2 including 1 ton). The 31x10.50x15 used on the late model 4x4 are a lot heaver than the 185x14 used on the 1 ton trucks.