1991 Warrior

westcoast

We purchased the same model last month and have put 2 weeks & 3500 miles on it since. No major problems and it performs well. Broke a belt on the AC, but you have to expect that sort of thing on a older vehicle. The previous owner had replaced the timing belt recently so you might check and see if that was done. Also see when the tires were replaced last. Even if they look good, lots of sitting does them no good.

The one thing we notice is a big difference in fuel economy with speed. 55-60 and we got around 15mpg even towing a small trailer. 65-70 and we got 9-10 mpg.

Thankx Foxy for the info, We picked her up tonight, the previous owner had already changed the timing belt, which is awesome, and the tires are all 80% and they are all the same, good info on the MPG, we are heading out on the maiden voyage next week, so i will keep it under 60, weird thing i noticed is no trip odometer, will make it harder to figure mph.

The no trip odometer is a pain. Nancy started a log and writes down the milage, driving conditions, amount of gas and cost each time we fill up. We also write down what we do for maintenance as well as where we stop and camp and other things about the trip.

The no trip odometer is a pain. Nancy started a log and writes down the milage, driving conditions, amount of gas and cost each time we fill up. We also write down what we do for maintenance as well as where we stop and camp and other things about the trip.

Yep, it's called keeping a journal. I do it too. It is nice to be able to look back through them and read comments made about places past.

Thankx Foxy for the info, We picked her up tonight, the previous owner had already changed the timing belt, which is awesome, and the tires are all 80% and they are all the same, good info on the MPG, we are heading out on the maiden voyage next week, so i will keep it under 60, weird thing i noticed is no trip odometer, will make it harder to figure mph.
We have a 1990 Odyessey 21ft MH with a V6 automatic. Purchased it in May had Toyota replace the RH exhaust manifold, timming belt, fuel service, cooling service, flush the brake fluid. Went on our first trip it performed as expected. We replaced the tires put 185R14 8 ply which are made for these motorhomes. If your coach has 6 plys you may want to replace them. We got 12.5 running at 65 on the freeway.

Thankx for the advice drs, i have not checked into the tires, i know that i have good tread, but i will check to see if the actual tires are proper, we are leaving on our first trip with her on Friday. The previous owner had the same thing with the mpg, after 60mph he said there was a drop in mpg. And i sounds like most people on this forum are finding similar results, must be something to do with the drag of the vehicle, pushing to much wind after 60mph.

When purchasing any used vehicle you should anticipate checking/replacing the following:

Belts and hoses

All fluids (oil, trans, diff, coolant, brake)

Brake pads

Tires

Shocks

You will find a manufacture date on all tires. Here is a URL that will explain where to look and what it means:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/tec...e.jsp?techid=11

Any tires that are getting close to 8-10 years old will show cracks in the tread and sidewall and should be replaced regardless of what the tread depth looks like. I just replaced a set of Michelin X-One tires that had 6k miles on them because of sidewall cracks

The previous owner had the same thing with the mpg, after 60mph he said there was a drop in mpg. And i sounds like most people on this forum are finding similar results, must be something to do with the drag of the vehicle, pushing to much wind after 60mph.

Resistance increases roughly by the square of the windspeed X the frontal area. I calculate that when you increase speed from 60-70MPH, you increase the wind's resistance by about 36%. There would be other factors, but thats pretty significant.