Need to do axle replacement. What are my options?

(I apologize if this is answered specifically on this forum already).

Hey! I am new to the community, just joined today. I am buying a 1980 Toyota Huntsman tomorrow, and with research came the realization that I need to do the 1 ton axle upgrade. What is the name of the 1 ton axle I should be looking for, and where could I potentially find one? Is this going to be a junkyard find? 

I appreciate any insight, I will definitely be posting on here more. Graduated college from the University of Minnesota Duluth and am SO stoked to have a project like this to work on. I will update in the future. Again, thanks in advance!

Tim

Edited by Tcomfy

So you didn't buy it yet? You have to figure out the total cost. If you can find an axle add 2 to 3 thousand more dollars to the Dolphin. If the total comes to over 4000 dollars don't buy it. The axle is just the first thing your gonna have to fix. There will be much much more

Linda S

Buying it today. About 2 grand more for the axle? I am not opposed to a project, I know these things can sell for a good amount of $ when in good condition. Planning on doing all repairs myself except the axle. Not planning on selling it for a long, long time 😆

Edited by Tcomfy