Power break booster and unicorns

Ifthis

My brakes are inconsistent to non existent. Every bit is new except the booster. And newer now after 1000$ at shady mechanics.

I've bought 3 new brake boosters in 3 days.  All to get a reply later. It's not available and refund will take a week or 2. 

Rock auto will rebuild it. If I send it in.  No time for that.

Any ideas of where to find a new one?  

It just seems to not exist.  

Will trade unicorn for one. 

Yeah that's because it doesn't exist anymore. You can go with used

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Brake-Booster-22R-Engine-3-4-Ton-Fits-79-83-TOYOTA-PICKUP-634723/264766998591?fits=Year%3A1982|Model%3APickup|Make%3AToyota&hash=item3da557c83f:g:4AoAAOSwuRpe6j8A

Or there are a few aftermarket ones from Cardone 53-5050 that are right

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Brake-Booster-Vacuum-Cardone-53-5050-Reman-fits-80-83-Toyota-Pickup/124331237182?epid=75782849&hash=item1cf2b81f3e:g:~LAAAOSwX9VeZ~H~

This is also no longer made hence the high price. Just the few left on someone's shelf.

I checked for ones at salvage yards near you and got zip

By the way I'm wondering if it really is the brake booster. All that stuff replaced but whomever did it didn't tell you the booster was bad. They must have known. Silence is the sign of culpability. Did they just do a bad job. Exact symptoms please. 

Linda S

20 hours ago, linda s said:

OK I goofed up. Didn't have the right part number. These will fit but they are indirect replacements. Not as big as your original. Looks like Rock Auto is your only absolute perfect fit

Linda S

Didn't see the link.   

Symptoms.  Pedal got squishy . and several times went straight to floor. Had to pump to stop.  First mechanic said master cylinder.  The one in it had only a few hundred miles over 2 years.  That fix lasted 2 miles. Next guy said warn rear pads. I had not changed them. Still had a little life. That fix lasted 2 miles. But they never failed completely after that.   No air was found in the lines.   Brake peddle does hiss when pressed. But every car. (Yes all old.) Iv owned hisses when the brakes are pushed.  Granted it doesn't take much to stop a datsun pickup.