Hey there!

So, Silicone Sally, who is my 1984 Sunrader wasn't firing up.  I finally called in the mechanic in the family and he took the carb cover off and noticed the well wasn't filling with fuel.  So he banged on it a little and then blew some air through one of the hoses and it powered right up.  It runs nice and smooth, drove it around a little, was starting it every few days.  I went for quite a trip, in my rav 4, not the camper, to get non ethanol gas for it.  Filled it up.  New battery.

So this am my car battery was dead, so i went to jump it with the camper and it wouldn't start again, same shit as before.  Is there anything i can do to remedy this problem?  I don't want to have to take my flipping carb apart every time i want to start it.....

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

p.s. The mechanic in the family is actually from the was-band's side of the family, so i try not to call on him so much!

Thanks for all your help!

Sounds like the fuel filter. Blowing air through it back flushed it for a while but sucked the gunk back up when you drove it. Might help to drain the tank too and get rid of some old gunk. There is a plug on the tank so draining it isn't crazy hard as long as there isn't much fuel in there. 

Linda S