New owner of a 1978 Sunrader

Fly Juice

Greetings

I just bought a neighbors Sunrader about a month ago. Everything is broken and since the CoVid lock down, its been my daily rabbit i am chasing. Lots of things done already but some such more to tackle. Be safe folks.

20200323_141204.jpg

20200323_143945.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Linda S.

there is a “thing” on the right front side under the sink that you can see in the above picture. It’s part of a rectangular cover plate. The center silver part is there but it’s not a button switch that I can see. What the heck is it?

Electric switches near the sink are usually where you turn the water pump on. Can't see the silver part your talking about. Are there wires coming from it? If so follow them and see where they go. If to water pump you have your answer. The early ones like yours are set up way different than my 86 but wiring has to go somewhere

Linda S

Thanks Linda.
There is a little switch to the right of the rotten faucet that runs down to the water tank. I plan on pulling out the other odd switch cover plate , post pix and see where it goes.

we live 8 miles from where the Sunrader was assembled.

it spent all of its time in Santa Cruz or Benicia.

Ya know our other member with a 78 Sunrader which is also is online name I think is in Tahoe. You guys really find the time to meet up and compare notes. So few of these rear door ones left, there's not a lot of other people dealing with the same repairs. That makes the 2 of you figuring it out together a Think Tank

Linda S

Am I the only one crazy enough to think the lights of all those oil refineries near the bridge on 680 is magical at night