ect/norm light

Can anyone tell me what this is for?? No generator with this '91 GulfStream. No owners manual either. Also there is a blue toggle switch on the dash to the lower left of the steering wheel. Anyone know what that is??? The guy I bought it from wasn't any help(just a bit inebriated). Glad I went ahead and bought it anyway.....it was a good buy.....lol

Tony & Joan

Tony and Joan,

I can't answer your question, but wanted you to know that you're not alone. I too have a rogue toggle switch in the house of my little '81 Sunrader near an inside light. (I haven't found it's source, but it might have been a switch for an outside light that I can't find either.)

Welcome to a very cool forum! These guys will get you pointed in the right direction.

Shanda

I've got a red togggle on my '87 dolphin that is wired in to a transmission relay for the Overdrive (OD)... What is does is defeat the high altitude OD shut off... thus enabling the the OD to continue to work above the 3,000 foot normal cut off. It's useless as the OD is a bad thing to use anyway (at least on the 4 cyl. 22re's I'm told). You should be able to stick your head under the dash a bit and trace the wiring somewhere... mine was pretty obvious once I focused on what I was seeing. mark