HOTT ROD heater accessory

sgtmike

I don't know if I would bother the heater only holds 6 gals. Mine will heat up in about 10 minutes and if I light it and just leave the pilot on it will be hot in the morning. Doesn't that have to have 120 volt power to work?

Yeah, but when I'm at a fullup campsite, I use the shorepower to run the fridge. Think I could save a little LP using the HOTT ROD thingy-and nly have to use the LP for cooking. (I'm alone, so of course I don't cook that much either!)

TNX

SgtMike

A lot of the bigger guys have heater loops from the engine now that's free hot water! If you are close to power that is kinda like free heat (guess you pay for it in camping fees) I go out for a week at a time using heat and cooking and the shower and I never use more then about a 1/4 tank of propane but like you say if you can plug in why not. LP is not getting any cheaper. Let us know how it works out if you get one.

I purchased a new Atwood LP/AC water heater off of ebay recently for $255.

They appear to have a fair amount of them

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=130226681650

I did not need a water heater but the price was so good that I could not pass up getting one for a later replacement.