1982 Toyota Chinook?

Hodge12

Corresponding with a gentleman who swears he has a 1982 Toyota Chinook that came with a 22R engine. My understanding is that the contract to manufacture Chinooks expired in late 1978 and there are a few were marketed as a 1979 using the last of the 1978 chassis frame. Am I right or were there actually Chinooks (just the straight up poptop, not a Grandsport) produced after '78??

• 5 years later...

I'm guessing it doesn't say Chinook anywhere. Very possible you do have a small camper that looks just like a Chinook. General RV bought the shell molds from Chinook and made them through 1984. Not a lot of them, but they do exist. Oh and General RV is the same company as Odyssey.

Linda S

Yep that's exactly what it is, and it has the original drivers side sticker from them still on it. Also doesn't have windows in the front, has the indent for it though. 

I just got this vehicle. Work in progress, Most stuff is there, except the bed and some doors. 22R engine. still has the original label from the factory.  Sorry I figured out how to just paste them :) 

image.jpeg.a466112015575407c84b441ad0b9d270.jpeg

image.jpeg.e25b58a7738a9ae2997c7a8a3737eede.jpeg

image.jpeg.5865a2a4f47cea8ab84bd576ab40d14a.jpeg

Edited by Hellopeople4304

• 2 weeks later...