HEATER WON'T IGNITE

In an '85 dolphin, the space heater blower will come on but no gas or ignition. The thermostat works and makes the blower come on and the LPG works the other appliances. Is there a common malfunction to look for or could it just maybe use a cleaning? Thanks. gj

I had the same problem (Suburban) .

My sail switch was not working right - I manually held mine in the closed position (where the fan is supposed to put it) and verified my problem.

Look in where the air blows out - if it is lik emine, you will see a small square piece of metal on a arm.

• 4 weeks later...

Mine is pretty difficult to deal with at times... sometimes the pilot goes out too :/

Does the ignition work?If you make ti sufficiently dark in the cabin and peer into that little hole you can see it trying to ignite.

Does the pilot work? Oddly (to me) I get it to light best when the fan is blowing. Be sure to follow the directions on the heater as closely as possible. I know that sounds basic but its hard for me because theres some staining and discoloration on my directions.

Tank on? I've done that a time or two....

Hard to say exactly whats wrong. Hope youre able to get it figured out.

• 4 weeks later...

Are you able to get the pilot lit ?

I have an Atwood and I know I have to keep the knob turned (and HELD) against the stop for about a minute , so the pilot will properly heat the sensor up , BEFORE it will allow the gas control valve open the gas to the main burner.

If pilot lights , maybe the sensor is bad and not opening up the valve to the main burner ? ?