Currently in Pueblo, Colorado headed west on highway 50 headed to Sacramento. Thought I would check front brakes, due to many miles of mountains ahead in southern Colorado, Utah and central Nevada and California. They are thin and most definitely need to be done. Has anyone seen a good preceedure manual on this that can be downloaded or watched on video.  I have done dozens for front brake jobs on other vehicles, but not on this one. I am parked in a friendly driveway and can do the job here. And suggestion on parts would be appreciated also.  I did rear brakes within the last 18 months and they are good. Thanks.

Nothing unusual there same as many other disk brakes you'll have no problem.

I've done it a few times - just like any other disc brake job.  Note that the pads may be larger then the standard pickup.  I think most dealers will have a listing for dual rear wheels, cab & chassis or 1 ton to differentiate.  attached are a few pics - got a good deal on the pads from rockauto .com (I paid 6.13)  (pdf of current rock auto listings attached at bottom below pics)

PS:  use low gears going down the mountains,  take your time

2014BrakePads2-edit.jpg

fronthub.jpg

2014BrakePads1edit.jpg

rockbrake.pdf

Edited by DanAatTheCape