Newby Lookin For Advice

tknecht94

Hey yall, my name is Tim and I'm currently in the market for a reliable Toyota Motorhome to be my fulltime residence as I travel the states and pursue music as a career.  Basically, was wondering if there was any advice anyone could give to someone completely new to motorhomes so I could have a better understanding and make a wise purchase. And I thought what better place to ask than a community of individuals that are already doing what I want to do :) 

It's just me. No girl, no kids, no pets. I will be traveling with an acoustic guitar, a small PA system that fits in a large suitcase, few sets of clothes in another suitcase, camping pack/bedroll, some speaker/mic stands,  and possibly a couple firearms if I can figure out the legality behind it. Plan on moving to Tucson, Arizona first at the beginning of next year, and working my way eastward. Staying at RV/Motorhome resorts for about a month at a time, and moving somewhere else. Basically going on tour through the states, but spending time in the areas to really get to know the music scene, community, and see what happens. 

Main questions are:
Any models I should avoid? 
What's a good price range for a reliable setup with all working components? How much should I expect to spend?
Any things you wish you would have known/done before you started adventuring in a motorhome?
Main things I should look out for when purchasing a Toyota Motorhome?
Manual or automatic transmission?
22R, 22RE, or V6?
Problems I should expect to face while on the road? 
Tips on fulltime livin in a motorhome?
Would you recommend a Toyota Motorhome or something different for what I'm trying to do? 
Basically if you were me, how would you go about accomplishing it lol

I am researching the site and others, know about the bad axles and reading as much as I can. But any extra insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

-Tim K.

Spend the next few months (while the buying frenzy goes on) and by the end of Summer season (when prices start to fall) you should have a pretty good feel for common problems and things to check for. In the mean time, check out any you see for sale locally (without buying) to get a feel for what's good.

13 minutes ago, Derek up North said:

Spend the next few months (while the buying frenzy goes on) and by the end of Summer season (when prices start to fall) you should have a pretty good feel for common problems and things to check for. In the mean time, check out any you see for sale locally (without buying) to get a feel for what's good.

Will do, thank you very much Derek :)

Well I'd start out by seeing if this one is still available. Not very far away from you, very low miles and if he still has it he might be willing to deal. It's already priced well though. First had experience driving one and being in one is so important in making the right decision. I'd go see any and every one you can get to.

Linda S

https://reno.craigslist.org/rvs/d/toyota-seabreeze-1988/6551010969.html

39 minutes ago, linda s said:

Well I'd start out by seeing if this one is still available. Not very far away from you, very low miles and if he still has it he might be willing to deal. It's already priced well though. First had experience driving one and being in one is so important in making the right decision. I'd go see any and every one you can get to.

Linda S

https://reno.craigslist.org/rvs/d/toyota-seabreeze-1988/6551010969.html

For sure, might go check it out this weekend. Thank you Linda :)