Rear captain chair removale

huxz

I was looking to see how the captain chair behind the passenger seat comes out. It will turn around 360 degrees. The water tank is below it and I can't get under the platform to see how it is attached. I want to remove it so we can have an extra sleeping ledge. I don't want to damage the water holding tank in the process.

The other rear captain chair was not with the RV when I got it.

Thanks

Huxz

not sure what year/model you have but in my 87 Mini-Cruiser the captains chairs behind the passenger seat sat on a tripod almost. And each leg of the chair had a bolt that went all the way through to the underside of the camper. We had to have one person inside holding the bolt and one person outside underneath turning the nut. Definitely the most difficult thing I've had to do to this thing since I got it.

Hope this helps.

Howdy huxz...

You may be able to use a small grinder and grind off the head of the bolts from inside the vehicle.Pull the chair and do the work you need to do. I come from the " Quick and Dirty" school of " Git 'er done! "

Thanks, I think I will leave the chair for now. Need to finish the new exhaust manifold next. Just got the Huntsman sealed up top. I was surprised at the one piece aluminum roof. Ordered new Lexan vent covers too. I can see there is no limit on how much time and money one can spend on an RV. I'm all in.

Huxz