Help wiring isolator 9523a on 1985 Sunrader

Bigdog

putting crashed Sunrader back together need help wiring isolator took photos before dismantling not clear enough not sure of small wires also

IMG_2289.jpg

Thank's Derek

It's more than I can understand, This truck already had been set up with the existing wires

need to connect whats there.

if someone has this arrangement on theres good photos would work best for me.

If the old isolator you are replacing a three-terminal or a four-terminal like the new one? It makes a difference.  You only have three wires in the photo that go anywhere.  That has me thinking you only had a three-terminal isolator and are trying to replace with a four-terminal. If so, you have to add an 4th wire that gets energized when the ignition is on.

A comment on the two big red wires coming out of that black sleeve.  One should be the output wire that comes directly from the alternator.  The other should come directly from the "cranking" battery.  You need to ID which is which.    

It looks like you have an exciter wire (small wire with red terminal) that will go the the pin marked "E" the short jumper probably goes to one of the battery terminals marked B1 or B2 it does not matter. the other end to the breaker (small black box) The red wire under the brake booster probably goes to the truck battery it will connect the the breaker check for power with a light or meter. The two red wires in the split loom will go to either the  "B" terminal or the (ALT terminal) now you'll need to know what one goes to the battery it probably is the coach battery so hook it up and decide what one has power. The left over wire will be the "ALT" wire. A ground wire is not needed. The coach battery wire should also have a breaker  to protect the wire going to the coach battery.  

10 hours ago, Bigdog said:

Thank's Derek

It's more than I can understand, This truck already had been set up with the existing wires

need to connect whats there.

if someone has this arrangement on theirs, good photos would work best for me.

I'm assuming (only) that this is how you want to wire it up.

4 post Isolator.jpg