Toyota Dolphin Value

Billduke

The Nada value is listed under National Rv. it is historically a very low value but in this case I would not pay more than this. There are parts on an 81 that are close to impossible to find like the gas tank. If this one is rusted no one anywhere makes one that would fit.

http://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/1981/National-RV/M-300-500/3007848/Values

That said condition is everything.

Linda S

Since NADA does not seem to have a category for Toyota Dolphins, how may I find out a fair price to pay for an 81 Dolphin?

"Value" is a reflection of what people are paying in a certain region at a certain time-period. I've had a chance to buy many early 80s Dolphins in the $1200-$1800 price-range. That's in the northeast and midwest within the past year. Condition - fair to good. None superclean and none with all things working. Condition is obviously important - especially the truck part (to me). If an RV has seen a lot of winter use on road-salt - it may be near ready for the junkyard. Same for the RV coach if it's spent many winters with snow on the roof. In my opinion, the early generation trucks that lack power steering and have coil-spring suspension will never be worth much if used for a 20-21 foot RV. A little Chinook, yes. For myself. I'd never pay more then $1800 for any 21 foot Dolphin with manual steering.

Here's a nice looking newer Dolpin that recently came up for sale. Less then $3000 with power steering, full-floating rear axle, etc. At a glance, it looks pretty nice. I just left Michigan and am stuck in the hell-hole known as New York. Otherwise I'd go check it out up close.

post-6578-0-22500200-1428150773_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-63782800-1428150774_thumb.jp