How exactly do I do a search for a 1 ton axle on www.car-parts.com? Does it have to say floating axle or just 1 ton? I live really close to Elkhart, Indiana which is the RV capital of the world, but had no luck calling the RV salvage yards. It seems their numbers are disconnected. My Sunrader needs new tires, but I see no point in purchasing new tires if I will have to get a new axle down the road.

The Sunrader is a 1981 with a manual transmission with 109,000 miles. The throwaway bearing is going out so I need to have the whole clutch replaced. The cheapest mechanic I found said he would do it for 500 dollars plus polish the flywheel for 35 dollars.

There also seems to be difference of opinion on torque settings. My 1981 manual says 170 lbs of torque on the wheels while the recall manual states 65-85 lbs of torque.

1-323-321-1234How exactly do I do a search for a 1 ton axle on www.car-parts.com? Does it have to say floating axle or just 1 ton? I live really close to Elkhart, Indiana which is the RV capital of the world, but had no luck calling the RV salvage yards. It seems their numbers are disconnected. My Sunrader needs new tires, but I see no point in purchasing new tires if I will have to get a new axle down the road.

The Sunrader is a 1981 with a manual transmission with 109,000 miles. The throwaway bearing is going out so I need to have the whole clutch replaced. The cheapest mechanic I found said he would do it for 500 dollars plus polish the flywheel for 35 dollars.

There also seems to be difference of opinion on torque settings. My 1981 manual says 170 lbs of torque on the wheels while the recall manual states 65-85 lbs of torque.

I was at a junkyard in northern NY that has a complete 1983 Sunrader with the full-floater rear. He wanted $350 for the rear and four wheels/tires. That Sunrader also has the HD front hubs with front wheels to match the back. Check the older posts where I gave all the info.

Where I live in NY, there are still rusted out U-Haul 1 ton Toyotas to be found fairly cheap with all the need parts (HD front hubs/brakes and FF rear).

Here are a few listed for sale at junkyards.

Morgan Highway Auto Parts - $600 - 1-800-648-1441

Capital Auto Wrecking in CA shows one - $900 1-323-321-1234

Auto Recylcers in AZ for $500 - 1-877-582-3537

Brimms Auto Parts - Ohio for $400 - 1-800-221-3874

That is a killer deal with the wheels and tires. Do I need to disassemble the axle from the motorhome? I am trying to find the info you stated about your find in NY, but can't seem to find it. Could you please send me the info? Thanks

I'm 800 miles from home and don't have all the info where I am. I just did a search for junkyards in NY and found it. Juliano's in Sodus, New York. 315-483-4607

When I was there last summer there were two junkyards both run by an old guy (late 80s) with cancer. Not too fast and I can't say for sure he's still alive. I helped him pull the parts I wanted when I there. If I had bought the Sunrader axle - I'd probably pulled it myself. Sometimes he has younger people come in to pull parts. Best you can do is call and find out. I bought a few parts from the Sunrader with the FF rear axle. 1983 as I recall and I know is has the 6 lug by 7.25" bolt pattern wheels on the front as well as on the back. If I was stripping it - I'd take the rear axle and the HD front hubs and brakes. $350 was the price he gave me last summer for the rear axle.

Just type in "1988",then "Toyota truck (except Tundra or T100), then "rear axle" and then "2WD dual wheel 1 ton 3.90 ratio." Don't worry about the 3.90 ratio statement. Just about all will be 4.1 to 1 and not 3.90 to 1.