Funny Compact Toyota

I don't think it's really stupid or anything, but you might get a laugh out of this video! Not sure where to post this, so I guess I'll stick it here and wait. :clown2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTAyb6hcia4

(Credit goes to the youtube user that listed this video!)

Well he's right other then the several feet over the curb he's just as short as the others. Judging from the front end though it looks like he thought it was a little shorter then it real is!

Well he's right other then the several feet over the curb he's just as short as the others. Judging from the front end though it looks like he thought it was a little shorter then it real is!

I think you're right! This guy was either a professional parker or had a lot of courage and plenty of room around him when he did it. I don't think I would have ever tried it! :)

I have parked my 20' Escaper in car spots many times. The only problem is that you have to be able to pull straight out of the parking stall due to the rear of the RV swinging very WIDE when you cut the wheels sharp. I parallel parked in Door County one time and the police officer wanted to give me a parking ticket for parking in a car stall. After a short discussion, he agreed that my RV fit into the marked lines on the road. My had a problem getting out because a "gentleman" pulled tight up to my rear bumper and I had to go forward and back about 4 times to wriggle the RV away from the curb. I had quite an audience by the time I got out of there. It turns out that the guy parked behind me was standing right there when I left. Most of the peopled were clapping when I got out.

I have parked my 20' Escaper in car spots many times. The only problem is that you have to be able to pull straight out of the parking stall due to the rear of the RV swinging very WIDE when you cut the wheels sharp. I parallel parked in Door County one time and the police officer wanted to give me a parking ticket for parking in a car stall. After a short discussion, he agreed that my RV fit into the marked lines on the road. My had a problem getting out because a "gentleman" pulled tight up to my rear bumper and I had to go forward and back about 4 times to wriggle the RV away from the curb. I had quite an audience by the time I got out of there. It turns out that the guy parked behind me was standing right there when I left. Most of the peopled were clapping when I got out.

Wow, that's a crazy story! I hope they were clapping because you were awesome and not clapping because you were leaving! I've never heard of a cop giving tickets for things like that as I am a newbie. Are things like that common?

The officer was responding to a complaint from someone. I think that it was the guy parked behind me that tried to make it so that I could not get out. I frequently park in diagonal parking spots without any issues. When I back out, I always have my wife stand behind and to the side of the RV because it is impossible to see what is going on back there.

• 1 month later...