Inside Slider Window Rubber Track Replacement?

lexxxel

I've been trying to "fix" my leaking side slider windows, they are leaking because water is coming into the inside slider track where it can't drain out and then pouring down the wall.

First I tried cleaning the track, but upon closer inspection, I couldn't actually see any drain holes in the frame from the inside. There are drain holes in the window, but they look to be only on the outer side (between the outside glass and metal frame). I can't take very much of the rubber slider track out to look, because it is brittle and just cracks apart. From what I did take out, I see holes in the rubber track, but none in the window frame leading to the outside. They might be there, but I'd have to wait until the window comes out and I have (hopefully!) new rubber slider track. If I can't get new track, I can't take the old stuff out. It will be useless.

Does anyone know where to source such rubber track? It is 3/8" square. See pics. I've looked pellandent, nothing seems right. Suggestions appreciated.

I ended up drilling a few small holes from the inside aluminum track to the outside. At least water will drain out.

APPARENTLY I can't upload any pics, get a -200 error. Not sure if anyone can help minus pics...

I found some that I'm going to try at vintagetrailersupply.com

Called fuzzy glass channel. It's rubber. Approximate size and shape.

It looks like it might work, and it's about $20 for an 8 foot piece. So no big loss if it doesn't work. Doesn't say it has drain holes but I can always drill some in the rubber at an angle

Still can't upload pics...

Edited by lexxxel

I made the files smaller, now they will upload. The first is the aluminum window, and the old rubber track. Second is the rubber track and the holes it has in it. Third is what this rubber stuff looks like in cross section. And forth is the drain holes I drilled into the aluminum window frame, to allow water to drain from the inside track out.

trackw.jpg

track.jpg

square.jpg

drain.jpg