Husband and I planning a trip to Leavenworth, Wa, for Christmas tree lighting festival, which is 2-1/2 hrs from where we live. Not sure if we need winter tires? in case we run into some snow.  We just acquired our mini rv this year so don't know too much about what not! :)

Buying and installing tires just for a trip is a very expensive thing to do. Washington rules appear to be very similar to California. When going to snowy areas you must carry chains and be able to install them if needed. I have never tired to install chains on my camper but I do have them. They would need to be installed on the drive tires, so the back duallys. You need to put chains on the outside tire only. Probably not too easy. I would practice at home just in case. I do have all season tires on my rig. Thicker tread helps in rain and light snow. What are yours. If you tell me the brand I might be able to find out what kind of tire they are. 

Linda S