-
Most Recent Three Posts
-
Andrew - thanks and I am also glad/surprised at the small weight gain!
CTgriffi - I chose a quality indoor carpet because I like the cozy feel of real carpet versus either an industrial carpet, or a hard floor that is cold. Yes, it will get dirty and yes it will need vacuuming. But those are small trade offs against a truly cozy and home-like feel I wanted to create. The carpet I chose is waterproof due to its anti-pet stain design which is perfect for this application. The backing is very thick as a result and required no padding as it is integrated and creates a thickness about half what normal carpet + a backing would create. As you know, I fought hard to maintain headroom, so that 1/4" I saved was important. For installation, I used double sided carpet tape in strips along the sides. It was VERY simple and fast to install. I would imagine it will last years, and comes from Lowes. I needed only 1 yard as it comes 12 feet wide!! Here is the product: STAINMASTER PetProtect with LeakDefense Pawsitive Vibes Cafe Latte Brown 48.8-oz sq yard High-performance polyester Indoor Carpet
A couple additional comments. I did not consider the vinyl planking or similar products as I don't want to stand on that cold stuff with bare feet. Essentially, this whole vehicle is our bedroom and private space, so carpet was a must. What surprised me about the plank hard floor products was their weight! We recently remodeled our home with some of that product and I could barely carry a box of it. So in an RV that was a huge weight penalty. I also had screw heads in the new plywood subfloor that protruded here and there and was planning to pull them or grind down the heads, but did not want to lose the structural strength. The stout backing completely masked them and I cannot feel them through the carpet - just as I hoped. The carpet also disguises the slight unevenness of an RV floor, where a plank product with straight edges would accentuate it. So, I'm very happy with the choice and hope it's helpful.
Edited by IdahoDoug -
Wow!!! Great job!!! When next one?🤩
After I finished mine, my wife was joking about me loosing the purpose of the life. I bet you after each trip you will still have something to improve/ change.
I'm also happy for you that you didn't gained weight. Nicely done, I'm taking off my hat!!! 🤠
-
Fantastic work, Doug. Love seeing all of this come together, and I think the combo of near-white with the many natural wood touches is terrific—keeps it nice and clean without being too stark! Great vision and execution.
(Wish I lived in a place where camping sans A/C was doable and enjoyable!)
When you get a chance sometime, I'm interested in your carpet; what specific product did you choose and why, and what's the installation process look like?
-
-
Recently Browsing 0 members
- No registered users viewing this page.
-
Forum Statistics
13.3k
Total Topics124.3k
Total Posts -
Gallery Statistics
3k
Images12.9k
Comments365
Albums
