These Gypsies just moved from a Sunrader to a Dolphin

Me and my wonderful girlfriend and our kitty just moved from our 18ft sunrader to a 20ft dolphin with a really comfy uperbed area and a bathroom and kitchen.

These Dolphins are incredible! Drives so smoothly.

We lucked out and ours is a 1984 with 33,000 on the engin.

We got it for a pretty low price beacuse of the roof leaks but Iv already repaneled the interior roof with 1/4inch red oak panels. We are soon going to get to work on the roofs exterior and with covering the interior with small patches of gypsy fabrics =)

I cant even begin to describe my excitment for having this much more space to work in.

Iv already started sketching out ideas for turning the back table area into a loung with a art/workspace. We have already replaced the wood where the back benches are and are working on replacing the wood up against the window so I can have some shelfs and storage for my leatherwork tools and supplies.

We have all working tanks, and we think the stove and fridge work but Im still not quite sure how all of the Propane hookups work. Or the Electrical.

Is there anyone out here in Southern California who is comfertable with the workings of a Dolphin? or could point me towards how to safely check all the propane hookups?

this is a very exciting week for us =)

~~~the Gypsy Wind Traveler.

post-1327-1205979678_thumb.jpg

Hey man, Yostfmx here (Keith), where in So Cal are you? I'm in Temecula... Got stuff here for fiberglassing your roof. Watch out, fiberglass resin is very toxic!

Looks like a great deal! 33k Thats great! I almost almost bought a dolphin with 57k but went with a rader with 126k haha.

Looks like a beast to drive, to me anyway.

Looks like a beast to drive, to me anyway.

ya I thought it was going to be hard to switch from driving the sunrader to driving the dolphin but honestly, it feels about the same. I actually feel a little more confident in driveing this one....

I think the roof of the dolphin is tin? someone told me. Im trying to think if it would be a good idea to redo the fiberglass on our old sunrader before trying to sell it off.

Your Dolphin is a 21Fter. Yes, it has an aluminum roof. Under that is just those little 1X2 "rafters" (1/4" Ply under the skin for the last 4Ft of roof only).

'84 Brochure

Lew

Awsome!, thank you for the info, the link didnt work, do you have another by chance?

anything I can learn about it is much welcomed.

Im still alittle afraid of all the propane hookups. They run the fridge, water heater, and furance im told. found some of the copper tubeing so far while replacing the interior wood. They look in good order but im wary of propane.

im hopeing i can find someone to help me hook it all up for the first time.

Thanks again!. We just put the first coat of sealent on the aluminum roof and replaced some 1/4 inch pannels on the interior where water damage was.

~~~Gypsy wind

• 2 months later...
is there any way you could post interior pics of your repaneling work?

i am about to patch mine inside and id like to c your solution

I Wish I could!!!

I was sitting in my hamock by a pond on the mountain a week ago playing my flute, and there where these beautiful dragon flys all around... I went into the rig to look for my camera and realized that I left my camera in storage and compleatly forgot to grab it on this adventure!!!!

was so sad....

ill ask around the house im at today and see if anyone can lend me one,

hope all is well!

is there any way you could post interior pics of your repaneling work?

i am about to patch mine inside and id like to c your solution

I borrowed a camera and shot a few extra images of the interior of our RV.

Changed the bathroom into a storage area and cat/litterbox area,

Put up magnetic storage jars and fruit nets,

Got a nice bubblegum machine on our counter too =)

Changed the back area from rear dinett to a storage/workshop area,

Theres an image of where I did the celing paneling, not the best job but i only had enough $ for that type of wood so the colors didnt match *shrugs* we are covering the interior with fabrics so its all good.

post-1327-1213679658_thumb.jpg

post-1327-1213679678_thumb.jpg

post-1327-1213679697_thumb.jpg

post-1327-1213679706_thumb.jpg

post-1327-1213679730_thumb.jpg

post-1327-1213679738_thumb.jpg

post-1327-1213679755_thumb.jpg

post-1327-1213679922_thumb.jpg

Wow what a homey ride!

the nets are a great idea.

looks like a big hippie lounge to me! gotta love it. the rolling tray is a must have...

i have a degree in art, i used to make hemp jewelry and stone works and i also made original art-lined rolling trays... i sold about 50 of them for 30$ each.

people still come up from those days and try to order me to make them one but i make oil paintings now...

dare i ask what kind of wares you guys are making in the workshop?

i always like to meet other "makers" out there...

seeing the inside of your ride makes me think of the grateful dead years... life on the road...

thanks for the pics and congrats on your latest toy! looks like u are enjoying it....

Those are all fantastic ideas. When Sadie's finished and I start loading in my stuff, I know I'll have use for the net and plastic jar storage. Really cool.

Re: Useful art....priming and painting old sheets make wonderful wall coverings, or floor coverings. Here are two of my most recent projects....(kilz water based primer {not premium}, old house paint, and mistinted paint from Lowe's...masking tape makes beautiful sharp edges.)

I attend the Walnut Valley Music Festival in Winfield KS every September. The last few years I've hung similar art around our campsite affectionately known as The Celtic Casbah....These are really easy to store.....just fold them up. ....and depending on their use, if they get dirty....just hose them down and let them air dry.

I like Gypsy's idea of hanging fabric over the walls, and am looking forward to seeing the pictures of that!!!!

post-1592-1213730519_thumb.jpg

post-1592-1213730548_thumb.jpg

post-1592-1213730903_thumb.jpg

looks like a big hippie lounge to me! gotta love it. the rolling tray is a must have...

i have a degree in art, i used to make hemp jewelry and stone works and i also made original art-lined rolling trays... i sold about 50 of them for 30$ each.

people still come up from those days and try to order me to make them one but i make oil paintings now...

dare i ask what kind of wares you guys are making in the workshop?

Would love too see a photo of one of the rolling trays if you have one hehe,

im taking this one and drilling holes in it and attaching a leather/pillow type thing under it, so it can rest level anywhere.

I make mostly leather items,

leather roses, leather bags, hip belts, bamboo/leather pipes, braclets, neckleaces, bracers, arm guards, alot fo Renisaunce themed stuff as well, we travel mostly to Renisaunce festivals and sustainable music festivals,

My partner makes really awsome nome hoods, dreadie caps, winter hats, ski caps, etc etc

theres a photo here of one of my leather roses and one of her hoodlike caps.

Life on the road is hard, but o so fun!

and being a Gypsy i dont really know another way too live ;)

~~~Eli

post-1327-1213736373_thumb.jpg

post-1327-1213736452_thumb.jpg

Re: Useful art....priming and painting old sheets make wonderful wall coverings, or floor coverings. Here are two of my most recent projects....(kilz water based primer {not premium}, old house paint, and mistinted paint from Lowe's...masking tape makes beautiful sharp edges.)

I like Gypsy's idea of hanging fabric over the walls, and am looking forward to seeing the pictures of that!!!!

Thank you for the info hehe, I like the lounge look in that photo,

and ill definitly put some more photos up in Aug when we get back to a place with internet,

Im going to be hopefulyl covering the interior this summer while up on the mountain!

hope you have a good summer!