Rear view Camera

notsobigkahuna

I'm looking into this right now too, considering getting a new stereo head unit as my current one doesn't have an aux in, bluetooth, or a remote, all of which would be nice to have. I'm seeing some single-din units with 7" motorized displays with all the mentioned features and in input for the rear view camera as well as video outs which I was thinking I could run back to the flat panel in the back.  I'm seeing these in the $125 range on amazon.

however, if your happy with your current stereo, a rear view mirror mounted one is a good idea.

Some of the rear view types have fairly small screens.  I ended up replacing the first monitor I installed and opted for a 7 inch that I mounted above rather than over.  I like this location vs lower as it is just instinctive to look there.  Next year I need to replace the camera as I am heading into year 6 with the one I have and video quality is not up to some of the newer ones.  I installed the same monitor in my service van but with a better camera and it is much sharper and handles light variations better.  Also would love to go up with a downward to rear type camera like some delivery vans use.  Season is over here so will wait till next year to decide what.  Just offering an opinion.